Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rapi "post-race"-report....

My strangest Ironman 70.3 ever... The post-race-report will not be exactly as expected.... because the day didn´t go exactly as planned and expected....So here is the race, Ironman 70.3 Rapperswil 2013: 1. decision (3 days ago); swim is cancelled, 2.decision, this morning; running is shortened due to flood, 3. decision, at the start line; start is delayed, due to bad weather on the bike course, 4. decision (my own) decision; coffee break while waiting..., 5. decision; race cancelled! 6. decision (me and 2 friends); run training, another coffee break, cycling back home....(strong rain and wind, landslide, trees lying on the bike course, flashes, I have heard... There was nothing else to do, delaying it until tomorrow however, that would suit me well, not a problem for me:-) )

Somewhat disappointed right now, yes. But anyhow, it was not my main goal for the season, I didn´t have to travel thousands of kilometers, others races will come.... But at least, for the first time, yesterday evening and this morning I really felt motivated again, and for the first time in a pretty long time, mye legs and body felt really fit tomorrow morning at the warm up.... So I was really believing I could do a good race (However, of course, that´s impossible to know). And therefore, somewhat dissappointed. I was ready! But the tapering period was probably good for my legs, so no I am ready for some really good training this week!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment