Sunday, June 16, 2013

The last preparations in the mountains before Swissman

On the way up Gotthardpass.....
Since I will more or less only do competitions in the mountains this year, what could be more relevant than training in the mountains...? :-) Last weekend was great in that way. On friday, in great weather, I decided to cycle the Gotthardpass, one of the three "mountain-pass" on the bike course in Swissman. Of course, just cycling over the pass and back, was not an alternative, so I had to do a roundtrip... So, since all the other mountain-pass in the region wasclosed due to much snow, it had to be Obralppass-Lukmanierpss-Gotthardpass. 156 km, 3400 meter ascent...:-) What I didn´t think about, was that the bike route over the Gotthardpass goes on the old road, and of course, the fact that the road had opened for the summer only applied to the new road, where the cars are driving.... Well, so the round trip ended with 4 km hiking up in the snow, carrying my bike (It is however not very heavy:-) ), alone, with half a bottle of water and a third of an energy bar, maybe somewhat crazy, but at least the weather was very nice (I had forgot the sunscreen....), and I was really, really happy when I saw the hotel at the top of Gotthardpass.... Everything, went well at the end, and I did really have a great and nice tour:-)
Very happy to have reached top of the Gotthardpass :-)

At Pilatus
Saturday and sunday I ran (jogged) up Pilatus and Grosse Mythen, with Lars, my Swissman-supporter, two nice mountains with very nice view, about 2000 meters high. Two great long-jogs in the mountains!
My always-present-supporter-
in-xtreme-triathlons, 
Lars
On the way up to Grosse Mythen




















And finally Furkapass and Grimselpass have opened too, the two other mountain-pass in Swissman. So this sunday, I cycled these two "mountain-pass" with some friends, again in perfect weather :-) And they have a lot of snow!!!

Up Furkapass
At Furkapass
Grimselpass, seen from Furkapass
Grimselpass
The curves in
Grimselpass
So I guess I´m prepared for Swissman now.... Hopefully not too prepared, I mean hopefully I haven´t been doing too much/long training (in the mountains) the last time. But I feel good, so I guess it should be OK :-) And I guess I´m more or less prepared for Alp d´huez Long Triathlon, Inferno Triathlon and Jungfrau Marathon too... :-) I love the mountains!!

And have apparently a lot of self-confidence for the moment:-) Swissman is on the 22nd of june. 1-2 days before a last update will come, with startnumber, tracking opportunities, time plan etc, but the goal is mainly to have a nice day! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oioi, du skal gjøre alle de kule konkurransene!!! Jeg er misunnelig:)
    Race hard, or go home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete