Friday, June 21, 2013

Swissman pre-race report

In 16 hours the start signal will go for the first Swissman ever. I am already in Ascona, the place where the Swissman will start, I arrived here thursday afternoon. A nice city, with a great view from our balcony, looking at the island where the start of Swissman is (See picture below). One the way down here from Zürich, I have had a nice "vacation-travel" with my parents through Switzerland, over mountain passes (Where all I wanted to do was taking a loooong run in the mountains, they where so nice, but I had to taper for the race....), through nice small towns etc.



The weather is very nice here, and I hope and think I am ready now, for the competition tomorrow. And I think my support, family/fan club are more or less ready too :-) Hopefully, the weather will be OK, so we all can have a nice trip through Switzerland!

The race can be followed here : http://www.suixtri.com/, and in Facebook;  https://www.facebook.com/suixtri.
And also all the athletes can be followed by a click on the tracker-link that will be published on facebook and suixtri.com saturday morning by 4 am.
(Tracking)

It is very difficult to make a plan or a program for the Swissman race. However, to make it easier for my support and "fan-club"/family, I have made a try. It is probable that the plan is very wrong...., and PS, it is not a goal, but only my best guess, and it looks like this :
05.00 Start from the island Brissago, swimming to Ascona

06.30 Cycling from Ascona towards Bellinzona and Biasca
08.00 Biasca (43km). Now, the climbing starts
09.45 Airolo (79 km), here Gotthardpass begins, the first mountain pass. On cobblestone (if the snow is gone), 12 km, 900 meters ascent.
11.00 Top of Gotthardpass. 2091 metres. (92 km)
11.15 Hospental (101 km), bottom of Gotthardpass, (alsmost) start of Furkapass, 12 km, 900 meters ascent.
12.35 Top of Furkapass. 2436 moh. (119 km)
12.50 Gletsch (129 km), end of Furkapass, start of Grimselpass, 6 km, 400 metres ascent.
13.50 Top of Grimselpass. 2164 moh. (139km)
14.30 Innertkirchen
15.00Brienz (180 km) Transition to running

15.30 Giessbachfall
16.45 Bönigen (ca 16 km)
17.05 Wilderswil (ca 20 km)
17.45 Zweilütschinen (ca 26 km)
18.30 Grindelwald Grund (Ca 35 km) Here the real climbing starts up to Kleine Scheidegg, my support has to run/walk with me up, my family takes the train..:-)
20.00 Finish at Kleine Scheidegg. Tired and happy, ready for talking, eating, drinking and resting....:-)

And here is the short version of the Siwssman course:


And the finish area, where I hope to be at somehow daylight saturday evening:
Kleine Scheidegg, Swissman-Finish-Area

No comments:

Post a Comment