Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ironman 70.3 Rapperswil pre-race-thoughts...

On sunday, I will have my races debut for the season, I usually start the triathlon-season with some smaller races, but this year I will simply start with Ironman Rapperswil 70.3. Well, actually, it doesn´t really count as a triathlon debut, because due to the winterly weather in Zürich this spring, Zürichsee has only reached 12 degrees.... So, now, there will be a duathlon instead. We are going to start with 4-5 km running, then it continues as usually with 90 km of cycling, and at the end a half marathon. I can´t say I really like it, although I know I´m a better runner than swimmer.... But I don´t like to start a competition with running, and I am doing triathlon because I like triathlon :-) However, and of course, the only one to claim is the weather gods, the organisator didn´t have a chance doing anything else.

OK, so am I ready, and what is my goal? Well, as you see, my bike is now ready, my head is ready, however, unfortunately my legs are not feeling quite that ready.... Actually, I think I am pretty fit this year (Although I have been doing a lot more of other thing than specifically training for triathlon races), but for the moment, my legs and body feel a bit tired.... Anyway, there are still a couple of days left, so "you never know", things can change, and I hope will have enough power to somehow enjoy the competition at least. After a longer period being not very motivated for the race (When you register in december, things like that can happen), I have become somewhat more motivated, but still I would have preferred being spectator I think...

And the goal, well, in accordance with my motivation and my preparation this year, I didn´t really have any specific goal, but I really hoped I could manage below 5 hours. No, without the swimming, the time doesn´t really matter, so then I´m back to no goal actually. But if I can manage the last half marathon at the end in 1 hour, 35 minutes, I would be super happy!!

Anyway, I´ll do my best at the day! :-) And, at least, I am sure it will be a good preparation and training for the Swissman, the Alp d´hues Triathlon and Inferno triathlon later this summer:-)

A race report will probably come soon after the race. No I´m crossing my fingers for some sun on sunday:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment